The credit resources necessary for the company’s operations are provided by company’s equity capital and funds raised from the issuance of public bonds, as well as attracted loans from private investors through the Mintos peer-to-peer platform.
In June 2016, AgroCredit Latvia issued 10-year bonds with a fixed coupon rate of 7%, which were listed on the Nasdaq Baltic stock exchange in August.
Bonds are a good way to invest your free funds and get a return on them that significantly exceeds the interest on bank deposits.
In order to ensure faster growth of the company’s operations and increase the loan portfolio, we are constantly interested in attracting more and more new capital. For larger financial investors, we offer individual available cash placement solutions.
The security of loans is determined by several factors:
- The credit policy implemented by the company is conservative and the quality indicators of the loan portfolio are at a high level – loan write-offs do not exceed 0.5% of the average portfolio;
- The management and employees have many years of experience in lending to customers in the agricultural sector;
- The company has been operating since 2011 and its balance sheet structure and liquidity ratios are designed very conservatively to ensure a low level of financial risk;
- The company is audited according to international accounting standards and its bond issue is supervised by the Financial and Capital Market Commission (FCMC). AgroCredit Latvia audited annual reports are available here;
- Agriculture is one of the leading export sectors of Latvia and its manufactured products are basic foodstuffs and, accordingly, the sector is less exposed to fluctuations and crises related to economic cycles;